BI-ACT SCBA SYSTEM. Compact and easy to operate, there is no need to expensive specially trained personnel to run the plant. The energy requirements to run the facility are remarkably low. Both the plant efficiency and the effluent quality surpass by far the standards set by the authorities. What you get is an odor free, maintenance free operation.
Our objective is to help you solve your waste water problem. Each system is custom made to the client’s specific requirements. Working from conception to completion, our team of experienced construction designers and planners have the capability to troubleshoot any operational challenges, and then build a system which complies to international standards. Our waste water treatment system has been implemented in various projects for Housing Scheme, Industries, Hotels, Condominiums and Commercial buildings.
FEATURES OF BI-ACT SCBA SYSTEM
1) Compact, save space.
2) Low operation and maintenance cost.
3) High efficiency of treatment.
4) System is odorless.
5) Providing more air supply to the waste water more than other systems by means of trapped air in Biodisc during rotation.
6) Treatment of waste water by both activated sludge and Biodisc system in same tank simultaneously.
MAIN COMPONENTS AND PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The Bi-Act SCBA process comprises of 6 components and basic steps :
1) Solid/Grease Separator : Removes sand, gravel and other inorganic materials; separate oil and grease.
2) Equalization Tank : Balance and equalize influent.
3) Aeration Tank : Acts to digest the waste water. During rotation of the Bi-Act SCBA aerator, aerobic bacteria digest the waste.
4) Clarifier/ Settling Tank : Separates suspended solid from treated clear water. Sludge settles to the bottom of the tank and is returned to the aeration tank for additional treatment.
5) Disinfection Tank : Clear effluent is disinfected and discharged to drainage system.
6) Sludge Holding Tank : Storage of sludge. Overflow is recycled back to equalization tank for additional treatment.
BI-ACT SCBA System
The Bi-Act SCBA Aerator is the most essential component in the system. During rotation of the aerator, the fixed film process in which media (Biodisc) mounted in a rotating horizontal shaft is alternately submerged in a tank of waste water and exposed to the atmosphere. As the aerator rotates a biological growth is soon established on the Biodisc and begins to digest the organic material in the waste water. Excess biomass is sheared off in the tank, where the rotating action of the Bi-Act SCBA aerator maintains the solid in suspension. The activated sludge process is simultaneously achieved when these suspended solids are continuously digested by the biological growth. Next the flow flushes the solids out of the system and into the clarifier, where they are separated. The solids in the clarifier are then reintroduced into the aeration tank. And the process is repeated. Within hours since the introduction of waste at the influent, the end result of clear water is discharged at the effluent.
Characteristic of Aeration and Mixing Action
1. Submerged Aeration : Results from trapped air in aeration cells.
2. Biodisc Aeration : Aerobic bacteria absorbs oxygen directly from trapped
air under water and in atmosphere.
3.Surface Aeration : Waste water from the bottom of the tank is trapped in the aeration cells and is brought to the surface of the tank where it absorbs additional oxygen.
4.Mixing Action : Rotation of the Biodisc aerator causes air to be transported and mixed through out the tank. Oxygen is diffused in all parts of the aeration tank. Shorter retention time is gained in addition to no anaerobic activity in the aeration tank.
Components of Bi-Act SCBA Aerator
The major components are :
1.Electric geared motor speed reducer.
2.Sprocket pinion, chain and crown gear set.